Cheaper than Chips is here!

Stuffed Pie with Gravy - one of my
favourite recipes from the book!
Hooray! My new budget recipe ebook, Cheaper than Chips, is now available to buy on Amazon – click here to find it. It’s taken plenty of hard work and lots of recipe-testing (not just by me, but by a team of family and friends – thanks chaps!) so I’m really proud that the final result is now out there for all to see. A quick word to anyone who doesn’t own an ebook reader – you don’t need one to read my book! There’s a free Kindle app available here which means you can view ebooks on your computer, tablet or smartphone.

These days, most people are trying to save a few pennies here and there, and since food shopping is one of the biggest household expenses, it’s an obvious place to try and streamline the budget. But I firmly believe that saving money on your food shopping doesn’t have to mean buying ‘cheap’ ingredients and ready-made shortcuts – instead, I reckon that cooking the right recipes from scratch can help you save money whilst still eating delicious dishes.

Did you know that a scrumptious roast
dinner can be really inexpensive to do?
See the Show Off chapter for more.
Each chapter in Cheaper than Chips focuses on one of my best budgeting tips, with recipes to help you put it into practice, so that you can start saving money on your weekly shop straight away. I’ve also included plenty of general advice which can help you save money without even changing the sort of thing you usually buy – it’s all about how you shop.

If you’re a student or young person getting to grips with doing your own food shopping and cooking, then I particularly hope my book will be helpful to you – as well as the above, I’ve also included advice on buying equipment for your kitchen and stocking your store-cupboard, as well as step-by-step instructions and plenty of pictures to make the recipes easy to follow. If you’re going to university this year, make sure you’ve got my ebook on your phone to help you enjoy good food and stretch your cash a bit further.

Making your own versions of supermarket
shortcuts like cereal bars is a great way to
save money, plus you can make them much
more delicious!
Finally, this book wouldn’t have been possible without everything I’ve learnt from blogging, so I have to thank you, dear reader, for sticking with me, whether you discovered me last week or you’ve been with me since the beginning. I always love to hear from you, and would particularly like to hear your thoughts on Cheaper than Chips, so please do get in touch! You can always leave me a comment here or send me an email using the contact form, and if you’ve got a few minutes to leave a review for the book on Amazon then I’d be hugely grateful.


Sal x