Blogging for Business with the Artisan Springboard


Welcome to the newest section of my blog! I do love the day to day business of writing recipes and eating delicious food, but as Sal’s Kitchen gets bigger and better I’m also getting new and exciting opportunities to do other stuff. My new Sal's Diary section is where I’ll be sharing some of those adventures.

The Artisan Springboard is an awesome program for foodie entrepreneurs, which aims to equip you with everything you need to start your own amazing business. For new businesses in this day and age, my speciality – blogging – is a really important tool for promotion, not to mention one that can be inexpensive and DIY (just what you need when you’re starting out), so when Tara at the Artisan Springboard got in touch to ask if I’d share my wisdom with her entrepreneurs, I was delighted. I gave an introductory talk at the first Artisans After Hours gathering, back in March, and then a couple of weeks ago, I went up to London to give a full-length seminar as part of the first round of the Artisan Springboard.

We started with a quick summary of just why blogging is so important, and all the many and varied benefits it can have for your business (for a few of these in more detail, read my article on Why Your Business Needs A Blog). Then we got cracking on workshopping the different aspects you need to sort out for a new blog – your writing ‘voice’, what you’re going to write about and how you’re going to use it to achieve your goals, and how you’re going to make the most of the posts once you’ve written them.  It might seem like the writing bit is the hard part, but I often find that it’s the last hurdle people fall at – actually promoting your content and making sure it does the job it’s supposed to do.

The first crop of Artisan Springboarders were all up for getting stuck into blogging and we had a brilliant session, with lots achieved all round. I’m looking forward to seeing their new blogs popping up soon! And I can’t wait for the next round of the program, starting in a few months' time.

If you’d like to find out more about the Artisan Springboard program, click here to visit the website. To find out more about my blogging services and how I can help you promote your business, visit my Creative Content Services page. And keep your eyes open for more Sal’s Diary posts coming soon!